Construction Access Agreements: How Sophisticated Owners can Proactively Plan and Manage Challenges
Join Tannenbaum Helpern partners Melissa T. Billig and Maryann C. Stallone, and Timothy D. Lynch, P.E., Senior Vice President, Thornton Tomasetti, formerly New York City Department of Buildings Chief Enforcement Engineer, and Matthew E. Doherty, Principal, Zubatkin Owner Representation for an informative webinar on Tuesday, June 20. The panel will provide practical and proactive planning advice for owners and developers of construction projects in New York City. They will discuss changes in the laws requiring protections of neighboring properties during construction, tips on how to mitigate impacts on construction project schedules and budget, and ways to avoid costly litigation to secure access.
This interactive and dynamic discussion on current issues and trends will address:
- New York City Building Code and case law updates on neighboring protection requirements
- Developing pre-permit and post-permit checklists to avoid DOB intervention
- The importance of being proactive with neighbors and having a “Plan B” when neighbor delays impact project schedules
- Properly budgeting for securing and maintaining access, as well as neighbor disputes
- Recent neighbor “asks” and how courts are Handling License Fees and Other Costs
- Risk management and insurance coverage issues
Date: Tuesday, June 20, 2023
Time: 12:30-1:30pm EDT
Please contact Jennifer Papantonio with questions at email@example.com.