Tannenbaum Helpern's Employment Law Department possesses the legal expertise and business insight necessary to provide counsel concerning a comprehensive array of employment issues that exist in today's complex world. Our attorneys are experienced in all matters affecting employers and their employees. The group, under the guidance of Joel A. Klarreich
, offers our clients a wide spectrum of services, including the defense of equal employment opportunity matters, advice concerning employment agreements, non-competition agreements and restrictive covenants and drafting employee handbooks. The Employment Law Department regularly conducts seminars on a broad range of topics for national industry groups and as requested on more focused subjects for individual clients.
The attorneys who practice in our Employment Law Department are keenly aware of and monitor the constantly evolving landscape of employment and labor legislation, regulation and caselaw. Our advice to clients incorporates knowledge and expertise in areas of the law that are continuing to develop. We not only respond to clients, but also reach out to inform clients of issues or matters that will potentially affect them.
As a full service mid-size firm, we offer a more personalized relationship with our clients than is possible at larger firms. This enables us to act quickly, efficiently and aggressively in response to all of our clients' needs. Our goal is to learn about each of our clients' business goals and objectives and to use this knowledge as a foundation for the counsel we provide.
- Advice on all aspects of employment law, including pre-employment inquiries, wage and hour planning, overtime issues, drug and alcohol use and testing programs, federal and state labor law compliance and employment discrimination.
- Negotiating, drafting and enforcing employment agreements and related contract matters, including non-competition agreements, confidentiality agreements and restrictive covenants.
- Representation and advice concerning employee manuals, complaint procedures, policy implementation and benefits programs.
- Drafting and amending employee handbooks, manuals, policies and procedures.
- Assisting in the strategic reduction of workforces, preparing effective termination agreements and advising on requirements under COBRA, pension laws and workers' compensation laws.
- Structuring executive compensation packages.
- Conducting informational and training seminars on topics, such as sexual harassment, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, state human rights laws and the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Guiding clients through the provisions of the Occupational Safety and Health Act and the National Labor Relations Act, equal employment opportunity legislation, Americans with Disabilities Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Equal Pay Act and sexual harassment matters, including litigation and dispute resolution in conjunction with our Litigation Department.