The firm's Creditors' Rights and Business Reorganization practice provides representation on a wide range of insolvency-related matters including bankruptcy proceedings, adversary litigation and corporate and partnership restructurings. In an advisory capacity, the group assists in the documentation of sale and financing transactions in order to minimize insolvency and bankruptcy related risks.
Attorneys within the group have extensive experience with creditors' rights issues arising in the context of asset securitization and real estate acquisitions, sales, financing and foreclosures.
- Advice regarding creditors' rights issues arising in the context of loans, loan workouts, asset sales and acquisitions, and real property and equipment lease transactions
- Legal services in all aspects of the Chapter 11 reorganization process
- Strategic advice with respect to bankruptcy avoidance, including all aspects of non-judicial reorganizations and liquidations
- Legal analysis and opinion letters with respect to substantive consolidation, fraudulent conveyance, letter of credit and other bankruptcy-related issues
- Representation of acquirers of distressed businesses and assets, both outside of bankruptcy and through Section 363 sales
- Representation of purchasers and sellers of bank loans and other claims against distressed companies
- Litigation of lender liability, equitable subordination, preference and fraudulent conveyance disputes
- Structuring and documenting structured finance transactions, including asset securitizations