David S. Handsman
David Handsman is a partner in Tannenbaum Helpern’s Real Estate,
Construction and Environmental Law practice. Handsman brings more than
30 years of experience representing real estate developers, owners and
operators of real property in the Northeastern region of the United States.
His focus is on commercial office and retail leasing, real estate financing,
acquisitions, divestitures and operating agreements.
His experience includes:
- Advising a NYC-based developer on multiple projects converting parking
garages and rental properties into luxury condominiums
- Representing NYC landlords in leasing commercial office space in Class
A office buildings in Manhattan
- Advising U.S. and international real estate investors with multi-million
- Representing landlords and tenants in retail lease negotiations including
leases with several national retail tenants
- Representing the owner of an Upper East Side hotel in leasing the ground
and second floors of the hotel to an international luxury retailer
- Representing an owner in connection with the potential development and
expansion of a commercial property in Boston, MA and Arlington, VA
Prior to Tannenbaum Helpern, Handsman was a founding partner at Handsman
& Kaminsky LLP, a boutique commercial real estate law firm, where
he worked for 23 years. David began his career at Weil Gotshal & Manges LLP.
A proud father of two, David lives in Briarcliff Manor, NY and is a glass
artist and woodworker in his spare time.